If you are looking to remove hair from your body, you have got few traditional options. Shaving can be done by yourself at home, but the hair will grow back in no time. There some Creams available that have an annoying smell during application but again do not yield long term effects. You may go for waxing that will pluck the hair from the root, but it is a painful process and will itch when the hair grows back. The process of laser hair removal for the body is a proven process that will eliminate the hair easily under the hands of expert professionals. But does the process hurt? Keep reading below to know about the procedure of laser treatment for body hair removal and its benefits.
The procedure of laser hair removal:
Before the procedure:
Laser hair removal is much more than just clearing the unwanted hair from the body. It is a medical treatment that demands proper medical training to carry the treatment depending on the skin type and requirements of the individual. You have to be ready by following some instructions before the procedure.
Stay away from any other hair removal treatments like waxing, plucking, or electrolysis for at least 5-6 weeks before the treatment. As laser will target the roots of the follicles, that is temporarily eliminated by other hair removal processes like waxing or plucking. Another key point to take care of is staying away from the sun rays as it can reduce the impact of laser hair removal and also increases the risk of various complications.
- The procedure starts with the expert trimming your hair for the appropriate length from the skin surface. A topical numbing agent will be applied half an hour before starting the procedure. The expert laser technician will adjust the laser equipment according to the thickness, color, and target region of hair removal. The expert will provide you with adequate eye protection if the treated areas are close to the face. Then, there will be an application of a precise cooling gel or device for allowing the laser light to be penetrated to the target roots of the hair follicles.
- The controlled pulses of light will be delivered to the target region for some time while constantly monitoring to ensure that correct settings will be used and any adverse reactions. There may be an application of ice packs as the procedure is completed, along with soothing creams for negating any kind of pain. The actual number of treatments needed to eliminate the hair will depend on the analysis of the expert but each one will be spaced six weeks apart.
- The target region will have the feel and appearance of sun damage. Your doctor will suggest moisturizers or cool compress ease the inflammation. If you do not have any blisters on the face, then you may start wearing makeup slowly after consulting your doctor. The treated hair will start to fall in few weeks. Always ensure to wear proper sunscreen for few days to avoid any adverse effects on the skin. There may be some amount of minor side effects like redness, swelling, etc which will be faded off in few days.
Is the process highly painful?
Laser hair removal involves some amount of pain that falls in between severe waxing and minimal shaving. But the laser expert will make use of a numbing agent to treat the region before and after the treatment. Once the hair becomes thin and light after several treatments, these discomforts will also be negated.
Is the procedure safe?
- The procedure is usually safe when performed by an expert laser professional. But when performed by an untrained professional, laser hair removal can cause burns or scars on the skin. Hence do not hesitate to verify the qualifications of the laser expert before deciding to approve the procedure. If possible, check the feedbacks of previous clients to get a double clarity of the professional.
- Laser hair removal will surely cause some minor side effects for everyone. There will be some amount of swelling and redness at the treatment site which is exactly similar to other types of hair removal such as waxing. The skin expert will surely make use of numbing cream before starting the procedure to negate these effects. Any minimal inflammation will fade off after few hours from the procedure.
- Laser treatment will enhance or reduce the skin tone in individuals. If the person has light skin, then the target region will have dark spots after the procedure and if you have dark skin tone, you will have lighter spots on the skin. Generally, these changes will be temporary and will not require you to worry.
If you find that any of these symptoms are not reducing after suggested days or are aggressive, call your doctor immediately.
Laser hair removal for the body at Ardor Laser skincare:
Professional makes use of heat and energy blend to eliminate the hair follicle without targeting the neighboring skin. The Aerolase Neo Elite laser provides a painless and mild way to eliminate the hair from the intended regions of the body. Another form of laser called LightPod is also an advanced device that will offer a pleasant experience for individuals which is evident from their feedbacks. All the hairs in the body will not be in the same growth cycle and hence you may not achieve complete success in one treatment. The majority of patients will need multiple treatments as per expert suggestions that will be spaced 3-4 weeks apart.
If you want to get the benefits from the treatment of laser hair removal for the body, the primary and important thing is to associate with a reliable skin expert who is trained to perform this procedure. Regardless of your skincare needs, Ardor Laser Skin Care in New York City will guide you to accuracy with a mission of offering reliable services to our clients.